The inside of your truck is your home away from home. There’s not much room in the cab, but while you should pack light, don’t miss bringing anything important with you. Here are our top eight packing must-haves for drivers:
- Extra clothes. Pack clothes for all types of weather and an extra set or two in case you get wet in the rain or find yourself out on the road a little longer than planned.
- Toiletries. Ensure forgetfulness doesn’t happen by keeping a toiletry bag permanently in your truck stocked with all your bathroom essentials, like your toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, shampoo, soap and personal grooming tools.
- An emergency kit. You never know what kind of situation you might run into, so it’s best to be prepared for anything. In addition to a first aid kit, you should also include a flash light and batteries; emergency flares and cones, pocket knife; a few helpful tools, like a hammer, screwdriver and wrenches; chains for inclement winter weather; a warm blanket or sleeping bag; a reflective vest or jacket; an extra pair of boots; non-perishable food and bottled water; jumper cables; and a snow shovel and window deicer in the winter.
- Portable toilet. There might not always be a truck stop available when you need one.
- Healthy snacks. Fresh or dried fruit, crackers, nuts and trail mix make great quick and healthy snacks so you don’t have to stop to grab something.
- Food for meals. Choose things that require minimal time and space to prepare or something you can cook in your microwave or slow cooker. Making meals yourself is a healthier alternative to fast food and it will also save you money in the long run.
- Entertainment. Bring things along to help you relax and enjoy your downtime. With most tablet devices, you can catch up on your favorite shows or movies with services like Netflix or Amazon. Take your game console and work on beating your high score while you rest and recharge. Want to add some activity? Pack your workout bands and crank up some music on your cell or MP3 player.
- A trucker’s atlas or map. Inevitably, you’ll end up somewhere your navigation system fails. Keep a map on-hand to help you get to your destination.
No matter where you’re headed, you don’t have to go it alone. If you’re ready to upgrade your career situation to one that suits you better, Professional Driver Agency is here to help at no cost to you. Join our team and get ready to pack more satisfaction and success into your next driving job. Visit joinpdateam.com to learn more or call (844) 401-0955 to speak to a friendly agent today.